As our new Product Owner (Medior), you take the lead in coordinating our development process for new apps & features and improvements to our existing app portfolio. You work closely with our stakeholders and the cross-functional teams to achieve the company's goals and will report to the Development Manager.
We market a diverse and broad portfolio of apps in many different categories, including utility, weather, and entertainment. All our apps are created, designed, developed, and marketed in-house. This makes working at Impala Studios very stimulating and different.
Are you a champion in switching from strategic topics to hands-on challenges, all while keeping a clear bigger picture? Are you looking for your next career step in an innovative and fun company in an extremely dynamic business? Send us a line!
What will you be doing?
- You continuously gather and assess the needs of our management team and translate these into a concrete roadmap and planning for products and teams, in alignment with our product portfolio and company goals;
- You break up roadmap items into concrete stories on the team backlogs, and ensure a smooth handover of the backlog items to the team;
- You function as the main 'outside' contact person for the team, ready to reach out to other departments to minimize obstruction and optimize efficiency;
- You signal and document relevant product information such as requirements and acceptance criteria for future reference;
- You will report on progress and results to the management team;
- You notice and proactively take care of impediments that occur during the sprint to achieve the best results;
- You continuously improve your project management knowledge and skills and share your knowledge within the team;
- You initiate process improvements, particularly for the PO work but also for the scrum teams as a whole.
What do you need?
- You have a proven higher educational level;
- Three years of relevant working experience as a Product Owner or a similar role;
- Working experience within (mobile) Software Development;
- Excellent knowledge of Agile software development, Scrum, or other software development project management frameworks and methodologies;
- True team player skills;
- Ability to raise the right questions to get to the core of the issue, and challenge & advice the management team;
- Meeting timelines and achieving goals makes your heart beat faster;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Dutch is not a requirement).
What can we offer you? We have great benefits!
- A competitive salary;
- Good fringe benefits such as a pension scheme, bicycle plan, training and education for personal growth and career opportunities;
- Full travel allowance;
- All the hardware you need;
- Great remote and flexible working possibilities;
- A diverse, challenging, and international job within a dynamic and innovative company with lots of social activities.
And this is who we are!
Impala Studios is a leading mobile app developing company with a wide portfolio of owned apps on the App Store, and Google Play Store. The Calculator has been ranked in the top 10 best iPad apps of the US App Store for years in a row, making it the #1 calculator used by millions.
Our product range consists of utility, weather, travel, video, and entertainment apps.
You probably already use our apps to calculate your numbers, wake up in the morning, check the weather, track your flight, play a game, or browse your favorite videos.
We are a unique company, because we ideate, create, and market our products ourselves. So we do not work for clients, and we have all knowledge in-house. We work with a motivated group of more than 30 talented people in agile teams and are able to stay on top of the ever-changing app market.
Our awesome office is located in the city center of Haarlem.
Great! Please apply here
Responses from recruitment agencies on our vacancies are not appreciated